The C5 conversion kit has been around for some time now, but the price and availability of this item has made it almost impossible for many consumers to get. UMI Performance has taken advantage of this opportunity to offer you a high quality setup at the best possible price, and best of all there in stock!
This kit is designed to add 97-04 Corvette C5/Z06 front calipers and rotors to any 93-02 GM F-Body. The brackets are designed to relocate the caliper mounting holes in the correct location to add the larger 325mm (12.8) C5 rotors and calipers. The larger rotor surface will absorb and radiate more heat allowing more use of the brakes when needed. The PBR C5/Z06 caliper is stronger, uses larger pads and heavier mounting hardware then the stock LT1 and LS1 set ups. Our brackets are CNC machined from Aluminum 2024. 2024 was the material of choice for this product due to its high tensile and yield strength over the commonly used 6061. After machining is completed all brackets feature a durable silver powder coat finish to resist road debris and each kit is supplied with all 10.9 grade hardware and detailed installation instructions.
To install brackets both LT1 and LS1 spindles require modifications. This simple modification can be done while the spindle is on the car and requires a small amount of cutting. LS1 models require less cutting than LT1 models.
We understand there are many rotor and brake pad setups available for the C5 corvette, many driving applications may require a different setup. If you have chosen to purchase just our brackets and not a complete kit, please understand to install you must purchase rotors, calipers, abutment brackets and pads separately. Each installation sheet is very detailed and will provide a list of items needed to perform and complete the installation.
Benefits of Running the C5 Set Up
1. Larger Rotors: The larger rotor absorbs and radiates more heat, the C5 rotor is 1” larger then the LS1 rotor and 2” larger then the LT1 rotor
2. C5 Rotors are directional unlike the LT1 and LS1 set ups. C5 rotors feature fins designed to advance air flow allowing better cooling.
3. Many brake pad and rotor options are available for all types of driving
4. The C5 calipers are pressure cast not gravity cast, this helps increase caliper life
5. Unlike other brake set ups, C5 components can be purchased at any parts store. This eliminates down time when an item may fail or require quick replacement.
This kit requires a minimum of a 17” wheel for clearance. All 1996 and newer 17” wheels will fit correctly with this kit. If you are running a different wheel set up please research fitment before purchasing.
From our research we have found the following wheels will NOT clear with the conversion kit, they may clear with the correct wheel spacers:
1. Enkei Win- 17” x 9.5”
2. 93-94 SLP Firehawk wheel- 17” x 9”
3. Borbet Type T- 17” x 9.5”
4. Forgeline RS Reverse Rim
5. Torque Thrust II
6. Konig Monsoon 17"
1993 - 2002 Chevrolet Camaro
1993 - 2002 Pontiac Firebird