UMI’s Stage 2 handling kit includes everything to upgrade and rebuild the suspension on your classic GM A-Body. The Stage 2 kit includes upper and lower A-Arms with 1/2″ added spindle height via tall ball joints, heavy duty UMI sway bars with new end links and greaseable bushings, Bilstein shocks for all four corners, UMI premium lowering springs, rear tubular upper and lower control arms, replacement rear end housing bushings and heavy duty tubular frame braces. We also include all new Grade 8 hardware with locking nuts to complete the installation. This kit will make any classic cruiser feel like a modern day muscle car. UMI’s Stage 2 may be our entry level complete kit but it isn’t entry level performance or entry level quality. Perfect for the weekend warrior looking to go for a back road cruise, perhaps hit the drag strip or even an auto-x. Available in UMI Red or Gloss Black powder coat. As with all UMI Performance products, this kit is 100% Made In USA. Proven on Hot Rod Power Tour and Good Guys Hall of Fame Tour.
Installation notes: SBC, Pontiac 400 or BBC with aluminum heads and intake tend to sit level with this kit. Lightweight LS may require spring trimming. An additional 1/4″ drop may occur on vehicles with all cast iron full weight big block engines or power adders.
UMI’s Stage 2 Handling Kit Includes:
- 4031- Tubular lower front a-arms with polyurethane bushings.
- 4033-1 Upper front a-arms with Delrin bushings, tall ball joints.
- 4004 – Front upper & lower Grade 8 hardware kit.
- 4035- Heavy duty 1-1/4” front sway bar with new bushings & endlinks.
- 4015 – Tubular rear lower control arms with polyurethane bushings.
- 4018 – Tubular rear upper control arms with polyurethane bushings.
- 4001 – Rear control arm Grade 8 hardware kit.
- 4029 – Tubular frame braces with hardware.
- 4034- Solid 1” heat treated rear sway bar.
- 3000 – Replacement rear end housing bushings.
- 4052 – 1” lowering springs, linear spring rates (530 lb/in front, 130 lb/in rear).
- Bilstein monotube shocks