1964-1967 GM A-Body Handling Package- Stage 4
THIS KIT IS ELIGIBLE FOR FREE SHIPPING!
Who says you can’t have it all? UMI’s Stage 4 kit transforms your A-body into a handling machine with the adjustability to perform well at the strip or haul your family comfortably – to the autocross. If drag racing is more your style, a few minor changes at initial purchase (or down the road) will have you launching with the best of them, then canyon carving on the way home! Up front we start with UMI’s proven upper and lower tubular a-arms loaded with ½” taller upper ball joints. The upper a-arms increase caster, without additional shims, for a precise steering feel and straight line stability. The lower a-arms are loaded with UMI-built Delrin bushings for smooth motion and precise steering. Viking’s front hybrid coilovers with double adjustable shocks allows ride height, compression and rebound adjustment. The ride height adjustment is accomplished with the included spanner wrenches and thrust washers. The compression and rebound adjusters are clicked by hand (no tools!) and feature a total of 361 possible valving combinations. The front is completed by UMI’s 1.250” chromoly handling sway bar. Out back we stiffen the chassis with adjustable tubular frame braces which stabilize the Poly/Roto combo lower trailing arms and fully adjustable Roto-Joint upper control arms. 1” or 2” rear lowering springs are controlled by Viking’s double adjustable rear shocks, once again featuring 361 possible combinations. Rounding out the rear is our three way adjustable 1″ tubular Pro-Tour sway bar. This handling sway bar attaches to the axle housing and also to the rear crossmember for a bind-free system (requires drilling four 3/8″ holes). As always, this kit features UMI’s quality red or black powder coat and premium hardware. All UMI components are manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA – USA.
- Increased spindle height by 1/2” via tall upper ball joints for improved camber gain and a better contact patch.
- Upper a-arms add caster for improved steering feel and straight line stability.
- Lower a-arms feature UMI-built Delrin bushings and accept standard springs or coilovers.
- 1.250” front sway bar for flat cornering, CNC bent from 4140.
- Double adjustable Viking shocks are hand assembled in Minnesota USA and feature 361 possible valving combinations. Simply click and tune.
- Hybrid coilover springs are available in various rates depending on application and are Made In USA
- Rear trailing arms feature Poly and Roto-Joints as well as adjustable uppers for setting pinion angle and rear lateral location.
- Roto-Joints allow smooth articulation for improved handling and less bind.
- Choice of 1” or 2” rear lowering springs combined with Viking double adjustable rear shocks works great on street, auto-x and even the drag strip.
- 1” diameter rear Pro-Tour bar offers increased stiffness over factory 7/8” bar and allows fine tuning with three way adjustability.
- Premium hardware included. Bolt on and go.
- Manufactured in Philipsburg, PA – USA by workers who care about your car.
Stage 4 Kit Includes:
- Tubular lower front a-arms with Delrin bushings, Part #4032
- Tubular upper front a-arms with Delrin bushings & ½” taller ball joints, Part #4033-1
- 1-1/4” Front sway bar with bushings and end links, Part #4035
- 1″ tubular rear Pro-Tour bar, Part #4047-300
- Set of (4) double adjustable Viking shocks, front shocks coil over
- Front coil over springs with choice of spring rate
- Thrust bearing and spanner wrench for quick and easy height adjustments
- Rear lowering springs, choice of 1” or 2” rear drop
- Tubular rear lower control arms with Roto-Joint, Part #4038
- Adjustable rear upper control arms with Roto-Joints, Part #4037
- Tubular frame braces, Part #4028
- Replacement rear end housing bushings, Part #3000
- All new Grade 10.9 hardware with nylock nuts to install kit
Kit Substitutions- We can substitute any item of equal value or higher value. We cannot remove items from any kit and still offer the free shipping special. If you would like to substitute items please contact our sales staff at 814-343-6315 or the “Ask us about this item” link to request a quote.
Front Spring Rate Options:
450lb- Small block cruise
550lb- Small block handling, all big blocks
1" Lowering, 2" Lowering
|Front Spring Rate||