UMI p/n 2661 1970-1981 Camaro and Firebird Extended Coilover Mount is used to mount a true racing coilover into the front of your 2nd Gen. This weld-in upper coilover mount kit locates a 2-½” racing coilover in the proper location for use with our 2655 adjustable lower arm or most aftermarket coilover compatible arms. The kit features strong 3/16” laser cut construction, quick-align mounting bolt, a 5-1/2” reinforcement ring and templates for trimming the frame. UMI is proud to offer UMI Afco and Viking specific shocks and springs as a direct bolt-in. Cutting and welding is required and installation by an experienced fabricator is recommended. This competition specific kit is designed, manufactured and raced out of Philipsburg, PA-USA.
- Weld-in upper extended coilover mount.
- Strong laser cut 3/16” construction.
- Quick align bolt system includes sleeves for 1” and 1-1/4” width shocks (1/2” bolt diameter).
- 5-1/2” reinforcement and trim ring included.
- Cutting template included.
- UMI Afco and Viking shocks available (other brands can fit – please install 2661 then measure intended shock ride height)
- Excellent pairing with UMI P/N 2655 adjustable lower a-arm.
- Professional installation recommended. Heavy fabrication required.
- Intended for competition use.
- Made entirely in Philipsburg, PA – USA