These control arms from UMI Performance are designed to bolt a 1964-1972 GM A-Body 10-Bolt or 12-Bolt rear end into a 1978-1988 GM G-Body; this includes Monte Carlo, Malibu, El Camino, Regal, Grand National, Grand Prix and Cutlass. These upper control arms are built at the correct angle to attach to the G-Body chassis as well as the A-Body rear end “ears”. These control arms are a must any time this swap is being completed. Using factory control arms will cause drastic rear end bind and incorrect driveline angle, this leads to traction lose, vibrations and unsafe handling.
These control arms are supplied adjustable for easy on-car adjustability to set correct pinion angle and allow adjustment for installation if needed. Adjustments are made using an aircraft quality 4140 Chrome Moly heat treated adjuster and QA1 spherical bearing rod end. The QA1 rod end allows rear end free movement when high handling, auto cross or road race is a concern; it also works excellent as a drag race item by eliminating rear end bind. Upper control arms feature TIG welded construction, 4140 Chrome Moly tube adaptors to insure thread durability and brilliant powder coat.
– TIG Welded Construction
– 4140 Chrome Moly Tube Adaptors
– CNC Machined 6061 Aluminum Step Bushings
– Durable Long Lasting Powder Coat Finish
– 4140 Chrome Moly Heat Treated Zinc Plated Adjuster
– On-Car Adjustability using Right and Left Hand Threads
– Features Precision CNC Machining to insure Tolerances
– QA1 3/4″ Hard Chrome Plated, Teflon/Kevlar Self Lubricating Race Rod End