UMI’s bolt-in rear coilover kit allows full ride height, spring rate and damping adjustability for your 1978-1988 GM G-Body. The upper mount reinforcement is a direct bolt-in and holds a true 2-½” racing coilover with T-Bar. The FEA designed lower bracket bolts in using the standard trailing arm mounting hole as well as an additional reinforcement hole normally used by the standard rear shock. The lower bracket features a multi-position design to allow further fine tuning of ride height and shock location (±¾”). The Viking shock is 19-way adjustable in both compression and rebound and ensures the perfect setting for every application. The 2-½” coilover springs are available in 14” 110lb for drag and street use and 12” 150lb for street and handling use. In addition to shock location adjustability, the UMI 3064 features three positions of trailing arm location adjustment to fine tune instant center. This adjustment is popular on lowered cars, for drag racing traction, or whenever a geometry change is desired. There is no cutting required and your car can be returned to stock if desired. 100% designed, manufactured and raced out of Philipsburg, PA-USA and always US materials.
Installation & Fitment Note: Coilover brackets are designed to fit factory rear end housings ONLY and may not fit aftermarket rear ends. Coilover kit P/N 3065 offers more clearance and options for aftermarket rear ends than P/N 3064. Rear shocks may not clear all exhaust tail pipes. UMI is not responsible for exhaust clearance issues. Coilover kit PNs 3064 and 3065 are designed for height range of up to 1” lowering and 2” above stock, providing clearance for drag slicks. For 2” to 3” lowering please use PN 3048 or 3049.
- Height Range is 1” lowering to 2” above stock (provides clearance for drag slicks).
- Bolt in design mounts to factory rear end housings.
- Included Viking Warrior double adjustable shocks offer 19 compression and 19 rebound adjustments.
- Available in 110lb or 150lb spring rates.
- Adjustable height lower mounting bracket allows shock travel tuning and additional ride height tuning.
- Brackets feature 3-position control arm mounting for tuning instant center.
- Brackets manufactured entirely from 3/16” Made In USA mild steel.
- Powder coated for a long lasting finish.
- Optional shock tower reinforcement brace available. (P/N 3055)
- Designed, tested, manufactured and raced in Philipsburg, PA-USA
Spanner Wrench & Thrust Bearing Kit: Spanner wrench tool is used to adjust vehicle height while shock stays mounted. This wrench is needed to make height adjustments. The thrust bearing kit is designed to be placed between the spring and the spring seat attached to the shock. This makes for easier adjustments since the spring seat is rotating on a bearing. This kit is recommended for easier adjustments but is not needed to complete the installation. We do not recommend adjusting height on the car without a thrust bearing kit.
Optional Shock Tower Brace P/N 3055- P/N 3055 is designed to tie the left and right rear shock towers together for additional chassis reinforcement. UMI’s P/N 3055 has been designed to clear most popular exhaust systems however fitment with all exhaust systems is not guaranteed.