The UMI Performance weight jack kit for 1982-1992 Camaro and Firebird is designed to give your daily driver a medium-firm ride worthy of corner carving as well as auto-x and road race. This street/race kit is suitable for the enthusiast and features 850 or 1050 lb/in front and 175 or 200 lb/in custom wound rear springs. Built from strong US Steel, the jack plates ride on UMI exclusive thrust bearings which spread the load evenly and help with ease of height adjustment. Ride height adjustment works nicely at factory height through 2-1/2″ drop. Most track testing was accomplished at 2″ drop from stock. Race proven and 100% Made In USA.
Fitment Note: Rear kit works with factory rear end housing and Strange Engineering brand rear housings only. Minor grinding required on left axle pad. Front kit works with UMI and factory k-member. May not fit other brand k-members.
- Strong ¼” thick construction, CNC laser cut USA steel.
- Acme thread and thrust bearing for easy ride height adjustment.
- 0 to 2-½” lowering.
- Adjustment completed easily with ratchet and ¾” socket.
- Anti-rotation tab.
- Allows independent corner weight tuning, essential for proper auto-x handling.
- Maintains factory clearance around the strut and allows maximum tire and wheel width.
- Pairs nicely with UMI, Viking, or Koni struts and shocks. Also works with factory struts and shocks.
- Fits UMI K-member and Factory K-member. May not work on other brands.
- Manufactured, tested and race proven in the USA.
- 100% Made In USA
Daily driving and street cornering – 850lb Front / 175lb Rear
Corner carving, auto-x and road race – 1050lb Front / 200 lb Rear