UMI’s 3060-1 bump steer kit is designed to reduce or eliminate toe change during suspension travel (also known as “bump steer”). Reduction of bump steer improves handling and straight line stability and enhances overall precision of the steering system. This kit includes a heavy duty 5/8″ bolt for the outer tie rod stud, to increase strength over the factory tapered design. The adjuster is 6061-T6 Aluminum hex for lightweight strength and features a hard anodized protective finish. Kits include shims of 0.125”, 0.1875” and 0.250”. These race-tested bump steer kits are 100% designed and manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA – USA.
Spindle drilling is required to accept 5/8″ adjustment bolt. After drilling, the spindle cannot be returned to factory taper.
1978-1988 G Body and 1982-1995 S10: Uses factory inner tie rods. If replacement required, use Proforged 104-10020 or equivalent, (2) required
1982-1992 F body: Uses factory inner tie rods. If replacement required, use Proforged 104-10058 or equivalent, (2) required
1964-1970 A Body: Uses factory inner tie rods. If replacement required, use Proforged 104-10382 or equivalent; (2) required
Bump steer adjustment tools and theory can be found at longacreracing.com
- Grade 8; 5/8-18 outer tie rod bolt
- Race quality rod end, jam nuts and locking hardware.
- Laser cut spacers, of 0.125”, 0.1875” and 0.250”.
- 6061-T6 Black Anodized Aluminum Adjuster Sleeve; 5/8-18 RH and LH threads, 9.20” sleeve length.
- For use with factory or aftermarket spindle
- Instructions with technical links included.
- Manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA – USA
- Race Proven.