UMI’s 2nd Generation F-body a-arms are perfect for the F-body enthusiast seeking to improve the performance and appearance of their front suspension. This kit features caster relocation of both the upper and lower ball joints to enhance steering feel and improve high speed stability. As designed, the caster range is 5-7 degrees. The spindle pin location remains unchanged so fender clearance is like stock. The upper a-arms include chromoly offset cross shafts to reduce the amount of shims required when setting camber. A pancake style polyurethane bump stop and high quality ball joint is included. The heavy duty lower spring bucket accepts factory and aftermarket coil springs as well as the popular hybrid coilover units. Laser cut UMI reinforcement plates add a great appearance and excellent strength. UMI’s double shear sway bar end links are included and work nicely with UMI P/N 4035 sway bar and also most aftermarket stock eyelet type sway bars. Available in UMI red or gloss black powder coat. 100% designed, manufactured and raced with pride in Philipsburg, PA – USA.
- Direct bolt-in for 1970-1981 GM F-body.
- Chromoly offset cross shaft upper to reduce number of shims required.
- 5-7 degrees of total positive caster. 0 to 2-1/2 degrees of negative camber.
- Upper ball joint moved rearward to add 3-4 degrees caster potential.
- Lower ball joint relocated forward to increase caster 2 degrees which improves steering feel and straight line stability.
- Upper a-arm assembled with UMI built Delrin bushings for crisp steering response.
- Upper and lower a-arms built from USA Made DOM steel tubing.
- Heavy duty spring bucket accepts factory and aftermarket coil springs.
- Spring bucket is compatible with popular hybrid coils such as Viking and QA1.
- High quality polyurethane bushings and bump stops provide a crisp yet comfortable ride
- Double shear swivel sway bar mounts and hardware work with UMI P/N 4035 and most other factory eyelet style sway bars.
- Made in the USA.
Optional New Hardware Kit: UMI offers the option of new high grade mounting hardware for your classic Camaro or Firebird. 1970-1974 cars use ½” standard hardware on the lower a-arms while 1975-1981 use 14mm metric control arm hardware. UMI suggests checking your vehicles current hardware size before ordering to confirm. UMI a-arms are supplied with both sets of mounting sleeves to except either hardware sizes. Hardware kits are Grade 8 standard and Grade 10.9 metric with Ny-lock nuts.