UMI’s GM A-body bump steer kit (1964-1970) is designed to reduce or eliminate toe change during suspension travel (also known as “bump steer”). Reduction of bump steer improves handling and straight line stability and enhances overall precision of the steering system. These direct bolt-in kits allow the builder to relocate the outer tie rod end lower than stock (or higher if necessary). The stud taper is designed for exact factory fit for each application and is constructed of 4140 CrMo for strength and durability, no spindle drilling required. The adjuster is 6061-T6 Aluminum hex for lightweight strength and features a hard anodized protective finish. Kits include shims of 0.125”, 0.1875” and 0.250”. These race-tested bump steer kits are 100% designed and manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA – USA.
1964-1970 GM A Body: Fits factory inner tie rods. If replacement required, use Proforged 104-10382 or equivalent; (2) required
- 4140 CrMo stud construction.
- Race quality rod end, jam nuts and locking hardware.
- Laser cut spacers, of 0.125”, 0.1875” and 0.250”.
- 6061-T6 Aluminum toe adjuster, hard anodized, 5/8 RH and 5/8 LH threads, 9.200” sleeve length.
- Works with factory inner tie rods and factory spindle.
- Simply bolt-on. No spindle drilling required.
- Instructions with technical links included.
- Manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA – USA
- Battle tested on the UMI’s A-Body test car.