UMI’s Stage 1.5 kit is the simple way to dramatically improve the handling and performance of your muscle car. We start with our original Stage 1 kit and take it to the next level by adding UMI’s new race-worthy rebound adjustable monotube shocks. The 20-click adjustment range covers street cruising, corner carving and even autocross or road course use. The Stage 1.5 kit also tunes up the camber curve by including ½” taller than stock upper ball joints that easily bolt to factory and most aftermarket a-arms. High performance lowering springs feature medium stiffness to control body movement and reduce floating while still providing a comfortable, sporty ride. The UMI rebound adjustable monotube shocks feature a large diameter piston and nitrogen charge to dampen bumps and provide a crisp feel without being harsh. The shock is built with heavy-duty mounts to ensure durability and fits in the stock location. They are easily adjustable with an external adjustment knob – no tools required. Stage 1.5 balances out with our tried and true 1.250” front sway bar and 1” rear sway bars reducing body roll and providing excellent chassis balance when handling at the limit. Every component in this kit, as with all UMI products, is Made in USA.
Small Block and LS Note: Small block Chevrolet and Pontiac 400 tend to sit level with this kit. Lightweight LS may require spring trimming.
Big block engines: An additional 1/4″ front end drop may occur on vehicles with full weight big block engines.
- Race-proven rebound adjustable monotube shocks feature fixed medium compression and adjustable medium/high rebound for comfort combined with performance.
- Suitable for corner carving, auto-x and road racing while still being street friendly.
- Shocks are adjustable without tools, just turn the knob (20 clicks).
- 1-1/4” CrMo front and 1” heat treated rear sway bars help control body roll.
- 600lb/in linear front, 130lb/in linear rear lowering springs ensure crisp handling and a sporty ride
- ½” taller than stock upper ball joint to improve camber curve.
- Stage 1.5 can be upgraded to Stage 2 or 3 without duplicating parts