The UMI Performance, Inc. reinforcing front frame brace is used to stiffen the front frame horns and front crossmember area on the GM G-body platform. The UMI three point frame brace takes the place of the popular “Grand Prix Bar” and also the stock frame reinforcements. No drilling is required and Grade 8 hardware is included. This brace weighs in at less than 10lbs and is recommended for street, strip, auto-x or road racing. The UMI P/N 3053 is available with tough red or black powder coat and is designed and manufactured with pride in Philipsburg, PA – USA. The UMI P/N 3053 is used on our popular G-Body Green Machine.
- Heavy duty yet light weight, brace weighs 9-1/2lbs with included hardware.
- 1-1/4” USA tubing construction.
- 3/16” laser cut mounting brackets.
- Grade 8 mounting hardware included.
- No drilling required, uses existing holes.
- Reduces squeaks and rattles common with the GM G-body platform.
Note: Not currently approved for Grand National platform with intercooler. Occasional grinding may be required due to GM G-body product tolerances. UMI used five test cars for fitment in a variety of years and no grinding was required.