UMI’s Stage 3.5 kit is designed to transform your GM G-Body from a grandma cruiser to a capable corner carver. UMI’s lowering springs form the handling foundation and are controlled by Koni rebound adjustable shocks. Our ultra-premium springs feature carefully tuned rates and high quality construction to eliminate the floating feeling and will tie your G-body directly to the road. UMI a-arms feature tubular construction, Delrin bushings for precise steering and caster corrected uppers. The ½” taller upper ball joints work with the lowering springs to tune up the poor factory camber curve. Out back the UMI trailing arms feature Roto-joints for smooth articulation combined with poly bushings for a smooth ride. Adjustable uppers allow for pinion angle tuning while the axle mounted pro-tour bar performs on the street, during cornering and even the occasional dragstrip blast. The entire package is designed and manufactured by UMI in Philipsburg, PA – USA of US materials and we’re proud to drive on and race what we build.
- Chassis mounted rear sway bar included fits factory rear end axle tubes measuring 2.750”. If your vehicle is using an aftermarket rear end with larger axle tubes please contact us for 3.000” or 3.250” U-bolts.
- Springs are intended for the Chevrolet small block engine. Lightweight LS may require trimming. An additional 1/4″ front end drop may occur with a full weight big block. Springs are designed to sit level, however due to varying weights and preferences, occasional trimming may be required.
- Increased spindle height by 1/2” via tall upper ball joints for improved camber gain and a better tire contact patch. Works nicely in conjunction with lowering springs.
- Upper a-arms add caster for improved steering feel and straight line stability.
- Lower a-arms feature UMI-built Delrin bushings, premium ball joints and bump stops.
- 1-1/4” front sway bar for flat cornering, CNC bent from 4140.
- Koni off-car rebound adjustable shocks. Rebound adjustment tuning improves handling and responsiveness. We recommend starting at halfway settings and evaluating.
- UMI springs feature ultra premium CrSi material with linear rates front and rear for consistent handling. (600 lb/in front, 130 lb/in rear).
- Rear trailing arms feature Poly and Roto-Joints as well as adjustable uppers for setting pinion angle and rear lateral location.
- Roto-Joints allow smooth articulation for improved handling and less bind.
- 1” diameter rear Pro-Tour sway bar offers tunable roll resistance and less binding for street, corner carving or light drag and is balanced well with our 1-1/4” front bar and spring rates.
- Made in USA.
UMI’s Stage 3.5 Handling Kit Includes:
- 1” or 2” lowering springs, linear spring rates (600 lb/in front, 130 lb/in rear).
- Tubular lower a-arms with Delrin bushings.
- Tubular upper a-arms with Delrin bushings & ½” taller ball joints.
- Heavy duty 1-1/4” front sway bar with new bushings & endlinks.
- Tubular & adjustable 1” Pro-touring rear sway bar, chassis mounted design.
- Rear lower control arms featuring Roto-Joint & Polyurethane combination.
- Adjustable rear upper control arms with Roto-Joints.
- Heavy duty frame braces with new high grade hardware.
- Replacement polyurethane rear end housing bushings.
- Koni off-car rebound adjustable shocks.