UMI’s Stage 3.5 kit is designed to transform your GM G-Body from a grandma cruiser to a capable corner carver with the twist of the wrist. UMI’s lowering springs form the handling foundation and are controlled by UMI’s premium rebound adjustable shocks. Our ultra-premium springs feature carefully tuned rates and high quality construction to eliminate the floating feeling and will tie your G-body directly to the road. The UMI monotube shocks rebound adjustment allows you to fine tune your ride whether you’re doing back road heroics or shaving that last tenth of a second between the cones. UMI a-arms feature tubular construction, Delrin bushings for precise steering and caster corrected uppers. The ½” taller upper ball joints work with the lowering springs to tune up the poor factory camber curve. Out back the UMI trailing arms feature Roto-joints for smooth articulation combined with poly bushings for a smooth ride. Adjustable uppers allow for pinion angle tuning while the axle mounted pro-tour bar performs on the street, during cornering and even the occasional dragstrip blast. The entire package is designed and manufactured by UMI in Philipsburg, PA – USA of US materials and we’re proud to drive on and race what we build.
Note: Chassis mounted rear sway bar included fits factory rear end axle tubes measuring 2.750”. If your vehicle is using an aftermarket rear end with larger axle tubes please contact us for 3.000” or 3.250” u-bolts.
- Increased spindle height by 1/2” via tall upper ball joints for improved camber gain and a better tire contact patch. Works nicely in conjunction with lowering springs.
- Upper a-arms add caster for improved steering feel and straight line stability.
- Lower a-arms feature UMI-built Delrin bushings, premimun ball joints and bump stops.
- 1-1/4” front sway bar for flat cornering, CNC bent from 4140.
- UMI shocks feature monotube construction and rebound damping adjustment. Rebound adjustment tuning improves handling and responsiveness.
- UMI springs feature ultra premium CrSi material with linear rates front and rear for consistent handling. (530 lb/in front, 130 lb/in rear).
- Rear trailing arms feature Poly and Roto-Joints as well as adjustable uppers for setting pinion angle and rear lateral location.
- Roto-Joints allow smooth articulation for improved handling and less bind.
- 1” diameter rear Pro-Tour sway bar offers tune-able rear roll resistance and less binding for street, corner carving or light drag and is balanced well with our 1-1/4” front bar and spring rates.
- Entire kit is designed and built in the USA.
UMI’s Stage 3.5 Handling Kit Includes:
- UMI rebound adjustable monotube shocks.
- 1” or 2” lowering springs, linear spring rates (600 lb/in front, 130 lb/in rear).
- Tubular front lower a-arms with Delrin bushings.
- Tubular upper front a-arms with Delrin bushings & ½” taller ball joints.
- Heavy duty 1-1/4” front sway bar with new bushings & endlinks.
- Tubular & adjustable 1” pro-touring rear sway bar, chassis mounted design.
- Rear lower control arms featuring Roto-Joint & Polyurethane combination.
- Adjustable rear upper control arms with Roto-Joints.
- Heavy duty frame braces with new high grade hardware.
- Replacement polyurethane rear end housing bushings.
- New Grade 8 proper mounting hardware.
Spring Heights: Springs are intended for small block engine. Lightweight LS engines may require trimming and an additional 1/4″ front end drop may occur with a full weight big block. When choosing desired height, 1” lowering tends to sit just slightly lower than factory while 2” lowering offers a mild well rounded lowered look still allowing proper suspension travel.
Kit Substitutions- We can substitute any item of equal value or higher value. We cannot remove items from any kit and still offer the free shipping special. If you would like to substitute items please contact our sales staff at 814-343-6315 or the “Ask us about this item” link to request a quote.